The Miki Family moved to the Tsujikawa area of Fukusaki Town from Shikama-tsu (Shikama) in 1655. As the village official’s residence for the Himeji Clan, the area quickly became the political and cultural center of the region. The location is also closely associated with Kunio Yanagita, the “father of folklore studies in Japan.” In 1972, the Miki-ke Residence was designated an Important Intangible Prefectural Folk Cultural Property of Hyogo. The residence came under municipal ownership in 2004, after which it became a central point of community development as property of Fukusaki Town.
|Spot Name||“Miki-ke” Village Official’s Residence|
1106 Nishitawara, Fukusaki Town, Kanzaki District
|Hours||9:00 am – 4:30 pm|
|Fixed Holidays||Weekdays (Open on Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays, and autumn season only)|
|Note||Please use nearby parking and lavatories.|